Sunday, September 18, 2005

tiny little hearts

Well, it dawned on supergirl last week that she is going to become a big
sister - I mean, she has been VERY excited about this for some time, but
it was like watching a light bulb go on in her head.
But first she asked me very seriously if -IF - this baby was going to
grow up big like her. I had a hard time answering this one - because
these fears are plaguing me so much in my last trimester. I told her
that I certainly hope so, and that we all expect that he will be healthy
(biting my tongue on the - 'but we really don't know' part).
She then said, very excitedly, "Mommy! If THIS baby brother doesn't DIE, then he will grow up and I will get to play with him!!! Just like a playdate,
mommy! But he will LIVE with me and I can play with him ALL the
time!!! I can even teach him how to play!!"
By this point I was nearly in tears as I just agreed with her.
I hope I hope I hope everything is okay. It's one thing to get your own
heart broken, but to watch your baby get hers broken twice is more than
I think I could bear.

2 comments:

Trula said...

That is really nice, your daughter's questions. and bittersweet.

Anonymous said...

www.tinylittlehearts.tk

hope all is well

xxxx