Monday, August 21, 2006

Showered with too much attention

My shower today went just like this:
Supergirl: Mama. Can I have a gumball vitamin?
Gwendomama: SHHHH! I just got your brother asleep! No you may not have a gumball vitamin. Eat some food.
SG: Mama -puh-leeeeease can I have a gumball vitamin? (curses to costco samples!) Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? I just WANT one!
GM: Oh. Well that changes absolutely nothing. No. Stop asking me. Let me take a shower in peace, please! And please be quiet! The baby is asleep!
11 seconds later
SG: Mama? Can I have a cookie?
GM: (hissing loudly) NO! NO COOKIES OR GUMBALLS OR SUGAR! EAT SOME REAL FOOD AND STOP BUGGING ME! PLEASE!
SG: (yelling loudly) I JUST WANT ONE COOKIE! PLEASE! YOU NEVER LET ME HAVE COOKIES EVER! (totally not true)
GM: Listen to me! Get OUT of the bathroom. NOW. Or I will throw away the whole pack of cookies when I get out of this shower!
SG: But Ma-
GM: Do you think I am kidding? I mean it!
GO!
AWAY!
(CRASH!)
SG: Mama! I put the cookies away! (up on the counter where the crash came from)
( No fool, I rinsed quickly)
SG: MAMA! The baby's awake!

1 comment:

Mary Tsao said...

I long for the day when I can shower without either little people crying outside the shower door or little people quietly ruining things in the next room.

Classic post. And I love the "what's not fair today" one, too!